We are seeking a Consultant to join our growing ESG Advisory team based in London. This is an exciting position working directly with some of the most famous brands and most influential businesses. As a team we are unified by a deep passion to create positive change across the ESG agenda and deliver great work for our clients. We are on a mission to harness the power of business to create a better future for everyone.
With demonstrable experience working in the ESG field (or sustainability, community investment, CSR or responsible business) the successful applicant will be an integral part of the team with responsibilities ranging from project oversight and delivery, business development, client management and thought leadership. The Consultant will have a key role developing and delivering work across our core services with work focussed on our Strategy and materiality, Social and community impact, Reporting and disclosure service lines.
The role will be based in our central London office, however, could occasionally involve travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals. We are a consultancy with over 1650 staff across 5 regions – including over 700 staff across Europe. SLR’s ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and healthcare offering, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
What you will do
• Understand and interpret client needs, clearly communicating client goals to internal and external stakeholders.
• Deliver client projects, with a focus on supporting clients across ESG strategy and materiality, reporting and disclosure and approaches to and measurement of their societal impact
• Analyse data, making clear judgements about content and its presentation
• Prepare & deliver presentations and reports for clients
• Coordinate multiple projects, ensuring milestones and action items are met within agreed timelines and there is clear communication with clients
Business development & Thought leadership:
• Draft and develop proposals with support from senior team members. Plan and participate in new business pitches, including research and project scoping.
• Contribute to Corporate Citizenship’s thought leadership through research, drafting articles and blogs
• Work with colleagues to develop new and innovate existing tools related to social impact
• Keep abreast of ESG landscape including regulatory requirements and best practices
What you will bring to the role
• Experience in ESG and corporate sustainability in business or consulting
• Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate confidently with clients, explain complex information & produce high-quality deliverables
• Exceptional analytical skills - ability to distil quantitative and qualitative data
• Good time and project management skills
• Good Excel & PowerPoint skills
To apply for this position please submit your application at: www.slrconsulting.com/careers. SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.